These policies were developed for our Summer camps but will stay in effect throughout the duration of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Teachers & students must wear a mask.
Our studio floors is pre-marked with spaces to keep dancers socially distanced
All facilities will be cleaned and sanitized by professional cleaners prior to opening and on a weekly basis. A Uvilizer UVC Light Sanitizer will be placed in the studio to sanitize bathroom and smaller areas.
Uvilizer UVC Light Sanitizer will be used throughout entire studio at the end of each day.
Teachers wipe down with disinfectant vulnerable areas, doorknobs, barres, mats, bathroom and other frequently touched surfaces before & after all classes.
Only one dancer will be allowed in the bathroom at a time. Dancer must wash hands before returning to classes
A Uvilizer UVC Light Sanitizer will be placed in the bathroom to disinfect the bathroom after each use
No students allowed in the office. Only 1 teacher or assistant at a time
Teachers, assistants and students who have symptoms or are not feeling well will notify the studio immediately and stay home.
Teachers who are well but who have a sick family member at home with COVID-19 should notify the studio immediately and stay home.
Teachers will wash hands before opening doors to students.
All doors will be open at all times to allow fresh airflow into the studio.
Two Air purifiers run 24 hours in each studio
January 2022 COVID Guideline Update:
Student: Positive case
When a student gets COVID (regardless of vaccination):
● Return on Day 11, if fever free for 24 hours with no medication and symptoms have improved OR
● Return on Day 6 with a negative test (collected on Day 5 or later, antigen test preferred) and fever free for 24hours with no medication and symptoms have improved
Student: In-studio exposure
In the event that a student (regardless of vaccination status) is a known close contact to a positive case at the studio:
● They can continue to come to dance provided they are symptom free and recommend test immediately and then again between Days 5 and 7 and remain COVID free OR
● They can quarantine at home and return on Day 11 provided they are symptom free OR return on Day 8 with a negative test (on or after day 5) and are symptom free- ONLINE Access to classes will be provided if requested
Student: Outside-of-studio exposure
When an unvaccinated student is exposed to a COVID positive person outside of dance:
● Return on Day 11 if symptom free OR
● Return on Day 8 if negative test (on or after Day 5) and are symptom free
When a vaccinated student is exposed to a COVID positive person outside of school:
● They can return to school provided there are no symptoms
● Recommend test five days after exposure, monitor symptoms, wear mask
When a faculty member tests positive for COVID (regardless of vaccination)
Return on Day 11, provided that they are fever (100.4 degrees) free for 24 hours with no medication and symptoms have improved OR
May return as early as Day 6 if they test negative (on or after day 5) and symptoms are improving and fever has resolved and they continue to wear face coverings around others for a total of 10 days after the positive test
FULLY VACCINATED EXPOSURE (INSIDE OR OUTSIDE OF WORK)
When a fully vaccinated teacher has had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19:
May remain at class and must test negative on day 5 from close contact and remain symptom-free
If any symptoms develop, the teacher must stay home pending COVID test results
UNVACCINATED EXPOSURE (INSIDE OR OUTSIDE OF WORK)
When an unvaccinated teacher has had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19:
Must quarantine at home for 10 days from close contact
May be released from quarantine as early as Day 6 if they test negative (on or after day 5) and symptom-free and they continue to wear face coverings around others for a total of 10 days after the close contact, especially indoors.
If any symptoms develop, the employee must stay home pending test results
Students and Teachers: Symptomatic
Before returning to studio, symptomatic students and staff members must remain out of the studio for ten days unless:
● They test negative and have improving symptoms OR
● Have an alternative diagnosis from a doctor OR
● Have a doctor provide documentation of a chronic condition.
Earl Warren Showgrounds as well as Santa Barbara City College are providing in person testing if you are unable to find an at home test in stores.